Here at Mint Contracting Services we have harnessed extensive technical and clinical expertise developed in the NHS to manage suicide risk within mental health and custodial environments and are specialists in the supply and fit of Anti-Ligature furniture.
We have developed a wealth of experience in auditing Anti Ligature load release products, as part of a whole systems approach to managing ligature risk. We can provide a full inventory of risks, and identify ways to manage risks from identifying repairs and corrective action to identifying single products or full unit specifications.
Load Release Weight
One size doesn’t fit all. For example, the static load at which a curtain / rail releases on an adult acute ward will be greater than that on a child and adolescent mental health services (CAMHS). Magnetic systems commonly release between 15-30kg depending on the proximity of the brackets but will not exceed 40kg. Specially developed magnetic fixings for CAMHS and eating disorder services have been developed to release at a lower weight threshold not exceeding 26kg
In order to provide you with demonstrable proof of the efficiency of the installed anti-ligature systems we can provide a certificate and annual audit & test for all of your rails and Anti-Ligature equipment. In addition, we will supply you with a report providing:
- Visual inspection of the whole system
- Load release data in KGs
- Photographic evidence and summary of key faults
- Visual inspection of surrounding room for obstructions that might prevent the correct fall of the curtains
- Identification of any repair or replacement required
- Testing and auditing of any new or existing Anti-Ligature product
- Full fitting and maintenance service of all Anti-Ligature products
For surveys and prices please contact a member of the team today